PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Q&A: WWE Changing Name Of Women's Battle Royal, Charlotte vs. Asuka

Kemo
03-19-2018, 11:38 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Kurt Angle recently did a Q&A on Facebook and commented on a number of interesting topics.

During the session, a fan asked about the Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka match at WrestleMania 34. Flair is slated to defend the SmackDown Women’s Title against this undefeated superstar of the sports entertainment company’s flagship show, Monday Night RAW.

Angle said, “They could steal the show. Don’t underestimate those 2 together.”

Angle himself has a match at the biggest event of the year for the WWE as he is slated to tag up with former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey to take on Triple H and his wife Stephanie McMahon in a Mixed Tag Team Match. Angle was asked if he would be wrestling after Mania and he stated, “I better be.”

WWE has announced last week that the first-ever Fabulous Moolah Battle Royal would take place at WrestleMania 34. The match is a female version of the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal.

Since that announcement, there was a lot of fan backlash over the name of the match. Thus, some WWE fans are taking it a step further as a petition has surfaced online to try and get WWE to change the name of the match. The petition has been signed by over 4000 people. This led to the WWE changing the name of the match to the “Women’s Battle Royal.” Angle also gave his take on this situation.

“Moolah deserves my respect. From what I knew about her, she was sweet, kind and amazing as a female wrestler.”