PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Opens Up On Public Concern Over His Recent Injury

Kemo
04-01-2018, 03:31 AM
Dave Meltzer reported in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that WWE Champion AJ Styles might have suffered an MCL injury earlier this month.

Styles and WWE have been quiet about the nature of the injury that kept him out of the ring for more than a week. The word going around within the WWE is that it was related to his MCL.

Styles returned to the ring at last weekend’s WWE live events but did not wrestle again on this week’s SmackDown Live.

He’s slated to defend his title against Shinsuke Nakamura at WrestleMania 34 in just over one week.

The WWE Champion an interview with USA Today for the Win. During the interview, he talked about various topics including the most recent injury that kept him out of action. Here is what he had to say:

“A little of nothing. It was just one of those… got hit in the back of the knee. I think it scared more people than it actually scared me. I knew I was going to make it to WrestleMania, there’s nothing wrong with me.”

“Yeah, I mean it really does bother me because they don’t know the extent of it. They started worrying, more than anything, which I appreciate that, but it’s just one of those things where you’ve got to wait to hear the facts and information before you get so worked up about something. It is what it is, and we can’t stop this from happening, but why don’t we hear from the guy who actually has the issue before we jump to conclusions and get worried?”