PDA

View Full Version : Roman Reigns Reflects On His WrestleMania Match With The Undertaker

Kemo
04-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Roman Reigns was recently interviewed by CBS Sports to promote WrestleMania 34 this weekend, where he’ll challenge Brock Lesnar for the Universal Championship in what’s expected to be the night’s main event. Reigns was asked about his main event WrestleMania match last year, in which he became the second-ever man to defeat The Undertaker at The Showcase Of The Immortals.

Reigns said that he feels the match could’ve been better, and he mostly puts the blame on himself for it not living up to expectations:

“For me, what made it so hard was how heavy it was. You know, if I wrestled The Undertaker 20 years ago at the beginning or the middle of his career, probably not. But the positioning I found myself in, it just felt really heavy and so much more emotional than I was ready for it to be, so I think that was the hardest thing … but, you know, the coolest thing because I think that just shows the gravity of the situation, the responsibility of the placement [on the card] and just who I was sharing the ring with.

“And that’s just how special he is. I just feel like maybe I wasn’t good enough or maybe it could have been better on my behalf, but I always hold The Undertaker in so high in that regard that I just feel like maybe I could have done better. But I enjoyed it.

“I really learned a huge amount in the ring with him; you know, to being in the ring with him for one singles match and to have it be at that level, to be able to pick something up in just 30-40 minutes from another performer — it just goes to show how good he is.”