PDA

View Full Version : Update On The Rock Potentially Appearing At WrestleMania 34

Kemo
04-04-2018, 08:28 PM
WrestleMania 34 is a stacked card from top to bottom. So much so that WWE officials feel that it’s not necessary to announce John Cena vs. The Undertaker in advance. This leads us to Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson.

The Rock is regarded as one of the greatest professional wrestlers of all time. He picked up his popularity in the mainstream while working in the WWE from 1996 to 2004 and was the first third-generation wrestler in the company’s history. He returned to WWE part-time from 2011–13 and continues to make sporadic appearances for the company.

Every year there is speculation on whether he will appear at WrestleMania. He hasn’t wrestled since WrestleMania 29 against Cena but did have technically a match with Erick Rowan at WrestleMania 32 but it was very brief.

Bryan Alvarez talked about The Rock potentially appearing at WrestleMania 34 during Tuesday’s edition of Wrestling Observer Live. Here is what he had to say:

“Well, you’re not advertising The Rock being there so there would be no reason, you could put him in there if you wanted to […] I do think that The Rock is going to be at WrestleMania. I think The Rock and Elias are going to do a segment together and they’re going to do a concert.”

Alvarez continued, “I don’t think The Rock got clearance to wrestle but I think he got clearance to do the show and I think that’s what is going to happen. We’ll see but I do think he’ll be a big surprise there.”