PDA

View Full Version : Alexa Bliss Comments on Ronda Rousey Legitimizing the Women’s Evolution

Kemo
04-04-2018, 08:39 PM
WWE Raw Women’s Champion, Alexa Bliss, recently took part in an interview with NHL.com. While much of the interview centered around Bliss’ fandom for the Columbus Blue Jackets, she also talked about women in sport.

When the topic of Ronda Rousey came up, Bliss expressed that her arrival is helping to legitimize what she and the other women on the roster are doing.

“Now with having Ronda Rousey, who has made a name for herself with UFC, and bringing her on board with what we do really legitimizes anyone’s question for what we do. It is tough and to have someone with her caliber develop and learn shows that it’s not easy as people think it is. It shows that we’re just as strong the men, we’re just as good as the men and now it’s our time to show it and prove it.” – Alexa Bliss to NHL.com

WrestleMania 34 will only be Alexa Bliss’ 2nd time on the “Grandest Stage of Them All”. It will also be her second time entering WrestleMania as champion. Last year, she lost her title to Naomi in the second last match on the card. This year, Bliss is hoping for a different result against Nia Jax.

“Last year I learned my lesson. One second of being distracted can end it all. Last year I was distracted for a split second and Naomi was able to submit me. This year I’ll make sure that I can do whatever it takes to win at all costs. Some people say that I cheat or whatever. I just call it strategy.”