PDA

View Full Version : Paul Heyman Opens Up On His Relationship With Vince McMahon

Kemo
04-05-2018, 08:28 PM
Paul Heyman is no doubt one of the greatest managers in the history of pro wrestling/sports entertainment. He is right up there with the likes of Bobby Heenan and Freddie Blassie.

Heyman’s friendship with the reigning, defending, undisputed WWE Universal Champion Brock Lesnar started in the early 2000’s when Lesnar signed with WWE after he graduated from the University of Minnesota.

Lesnar, who is known to not be the greatest talker in the world, was paired up with Heyman after he was called up from OVW to the main roster. Heyman was his manager and mouthpiece.

They truly are a good combination. Heyman talks while Lesnar backs up everything that his advocate has to say to hype the upcoming match.

When Lesnar decided to come back to the WWE in 2012, he came alone, and that resulted in a mistake being made by the company.

A few months into his second stint with WWE, the company signed Heyman and brought him back on television to be Lesnar’s manager. This was a wise choice as Lesnar is the biggest star that the company has right now.

Heyman recently spoke with NOLA.com. During the interview, he talked about his relationship with the WWE Chairman as well as which ECW star leaving hurt the most. Here is what he had to say:

“Strictly platonic (laughs). It’s an honest answer (laughs). … I think Vince McMahon has begrudgingly accepted the fact that I am the greatest advocate in the history of this industry. And I have begrudgingly accepted his acceptance of that fact.”

“All of them. Because I had an artistic relationship with everyone who worked on that roster. We had a bond with each other, all of us together as one. We truly had a family atmosphere. We had each other’s backs. It was the most close knit team you will ever find in this industry or in any sport. So every defection hurt because we were losing a member of our family.”