PDA

View Full Version : Triple H & Stephanie McMahon Believe By Signing Ronda Rousey Will Open Door For Other Athletes In WWE

Kemo
04-05-2018, 08:34 PM
The power couple of the WWE, Triple H and Stephanie McMahon, continue to make the media rounds to promote the biggest event of the year for the sports entertainment company, WrestleMania 34.

At this year’s event, Triple H and McMahon will team up to take on former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey and Raw General Manager Kurt Angle in a Mixed Tag Team Match.

Triple H and Stephanie recently spoke with Fox News to promote WrestleMania 34.

During the interview, they were asked by signing Rousey if it open the doors to other athletes outside to pursue a career in the WWE. Here is what they had to say:

Triple H: “I do, you know the performance center and our recruiting efforts have sort of changed that perception outside of our world anyway. There’s been a lot of, whether it be NFL players or soccer globally or anything else that have had a desire maybe to try and want to do this but never had that pathway in front of them. The pathway is now there, I say it all the time: What I’m doing internationally with all these other markets is I’m trying to create pathways. I’m bringing a recruiting team there trying to create an environment where if somebody says “Man, I love that, and I’d like to try and do that,” there’s a way for them to do that. Ronda took that path that wasn’t there before. We created that path, she came to us; she approached us probably about the same time we approached her, but the pathway was there and I think now she will open a lot of eyeballs of athletes around the world to say “Well, why can’t I?”

Stephanie McMahon: “We recruit from the Olympics; we recruit from rugby, football overseas; we recruit from everywhere. I do think Rhonda has brought heightened awareness. She is arguably one of the world’s greatest athletes. She is also just a tremendous star. She just exudes this energy and charisma that you can really connect to because you have to have the total package. Athleticism alone is not enough. And I think Rhonda speaks to the caliber of athleticism that is in WWE but it also speaks to the women’s evolution, and I can’t wait to see how her presence will give the women’s evolution even more weight.”