PDA

View Full Version : Tenille Dashwood (Emma) Opens Up On Her Departure From WWE

Kemo
04-06-2018, 09:18 PM
Emma had a rough time while in the WWE. She signed with the promotion back in 2011 and was placed in FCW (Florida Championship Wrestling). When Triple H and WWE decided to up their developmental brand in 2012, she was transitioned into NXT along with everyone else.

The Australian is a great wrestler with some good microphone skills and got over with the WWE Universe with her lovable character.

She was a comedy performer who could back up her actions in the ring. She would later change her character as a heel and got over but was hurt quite often in her WWE run. In October 2017, WWE announced that Emma had been released from her WWE contract.

Tenille Dashwood recently spoke with the Sporting News about various topics. During the interview, she talked about her sudden release from WWE and working with Paige. Here is what she had to say:

“I was definitely surprised. I really enjoyed my match with Asuka at the pay-per-view, and that was the first singles match [on pay-per-view] that I had there. So I was definitely surprised when I found out, but it gave me almost like a launching pad to go out and wrestle for all these companies elsewhere. It was almost a reminder for the fans that I can wrestle. So it really helped me moving forward and I’m glad that I can wrestle everywhere now and the demand is there.”

“In the [“NXT: The Future is Now”] book it says that the matches that Paige and I had were what kick-started the whole women’s evolution, or revolution, and obviously from there on everyone has just jumped on the opportunity and these women have had some of the most amazing matches. It was special to be a part of, but we never would’ve seen women’s wrestling being where it is today. It just goes to show the talent that’s out there, and when given an opportunity these amazing women are able to deliver.”