PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Reflects On His Match With Bray Wyatt at WrestleMania 30

Kemo
04-06-2018, 09:21 PM
WrestleMania 34 is set to be held on Sunday, April 8, 2018, at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome in New Orleans, Louisiana. Just four years ago, WrestleMania 30 went down and saw an interesting match between John Cena and Bray Wyatt.

At the time, Wyatt was the leader of The Wyatt Family. The group, which was created in 2012 while in NXT, includes Luke Harper, and Erick Rowan. For a short amount of time, Braun Strowman was featured in the group.

The group had a throwback feel to them. They were these people who came from the woods and the darkness into the light. You had three big, hard-hitting talents, who could get it done in the ring. Wyatt, who was the leader, cut different style promos before and after matches. It was truly unique to the NXT brand and later on the main roster.

Cena briefly spoke with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated about WrestleMania and his memory of his match against Wyatt. Here is what he had to say:

“Wherever we draw inspiration, that is what makes the beauty of creativity special,” said Cena. “A character like Bray Wyatt has gone through so many evolutions. With me, it was very different. I encompassed the commercialization of hip hop in the 90s and 2000s, and that’s how I got my jumpstart.”

“Bray started as a close correlation to a DeNiro character,” said Cena. “His origins were kind of like, ‘I saw this on screen in Cape Fear, and I would kind of like to take traits from that and put it into what we do.’ It’s gone unbelievably expensive since then.”