PDA

View Full Version : Gail Kim Shares Story About Vince McMahon Watching TNA Backstage

Kemo
04-11-2018, 12:55 AM
Last night’s episode of Monday Night RAW featured a segment between General Manager Kurt Angle, and recently fired SmackDown Live stars Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn.

Owens and Zayn came to Angle in hopes of landing jobs, and Angle put the pair in a match against each other in which the winner would receive a RAW contract. The Olympic Hero was hesitant to give Owens and Zayn a chance at first, dropping the line “My tag team division is full, but I hear TNA is hiring.”

The line received a huge pop from the crowd and the professional wrestling internet community. Former WWE Women’s Champion and current IMPACT Wrestling Producer Gail Kim took to Twitter shortly after the segment aired.

Kim shared an interesting story of Vince McMahon watching a special episode of TNA backstage at a WWE event:

If I'm not mistaken, that would be the first mention of TNA on RAW.

— Jimmy Korderas (@jimmykorderas) April 10, 2018

On the show prob. Once backstage. Lol. They said they never watched and then I saw Vince’s monitor and TNA was on. #surprise

— Gail Kim-Irvine (@gailkimITSME) April 10, 2018

It was the special live show when Ric Flair I believe debuted It was a special episode

— Gail Kim-Irvine (@gailkimITSME) April 10, 2018