PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe Reveals When He Found Out About Moving To SmackDown

Kemo
05-04-2018, 06:14 PM
Samoa Joe was probably the biggest acquisition of SmackDown Live during Superstar Shakeup, though it appears that the former NXT Champion himself was not aware of this change up until last minute.

Joe recently appeared on From The Top Rope podcast where he talked about NXT being a proving period for him, looking forward to working with Daniel Bryan and more.

When asked about the time he found out that he was being moved to SmackDown Live, the former TNA Star said that he got to know about it on the day of Superstar Shakeup:

“I found out when they told when I got to the Superstar Shakeup. They gave us no head’s up. It’s chaotic that week; it’s weird because you’re like ‘What?’–you sit there and I thought about the matchups now that I’m over on Smackdown, and I was like ‘ehh… I can deal with this.’ After much reflection, I’m looking forward to it.”

Samoa Joe was one of the biggest stars to switch brands during superstar shakeup along with the likes of the Miz, Jinder Mahal, Jeff Hardy and more.

If some recent reports are to be believed then Joe might be taking a big role in SmackDown Live in upcoming times and he may be in line for a big Championship feud.

He is currently scheduled to face Roman Reigns in a one on one match at the Backlash PPV this Sunday.