PDA

View Full Version : Drake Maverick Announces Two Matches For 205 Live This Week

Kemo
05-06-2018, 09:32 PM
205 Live General Manager, Drake Maverick, has announced two matches for Tuesday night’s show. Smackdown and 205 Live will be held in Baltimore this week from the Royal Farms Arena.

The Cruiserweight Championship is not one of the five championships which will be on the line tonight at Backlash. The last time the Cruiserweight Championship was defended was the Greatest Royal Rumble. Cedric Alexander successfully defended the title against Kalisto on that show.

PLEASE RT

Matches CONFIRMED for this weeks @WWE205Live #Cruiserweight Tag Team action & a match-up the @WWEUniverse WILL NOT want to miss!!#205Live #WWE @WWE pic.twitter.com/2uAMUPK8qx

— Drake Maverick (@WWEMaverick) May 6, 2018

205 Live This Week

The two matches which have been announced thus far include:

Lince Dorado & Gran Metalik vs. Jack Gallagher & The Brian Kendrick
Mustafa Ali vs Buddy Murphy

The tag-team match may influence future seeding for the pending cruiserweight tag-team division. It looks like the team of Hideo Itami & Akira Tozawa is already on the splits as they were shown arguing after their match last week. They had just been defeated by Gallagher and Kendrick in tag action. We still don’t know when WWE plans to introduce tag-team titles to the division but one would have to suspect it is not far off now.

Mustafa Ali and Buddy Murphy should be an interesting match. Murphy had previously earned a title match against Cedric Alexander but had it rescinded after missing weight. Murphy made weight this week and then promptly won a squash match later in the show.

As for Ali, he’s looking to get back into title contention after losing to Cedric Alexander at WrestleMania 34. Speaking ahead of his match with Alexander, here’s what he said regarding breaking down stereotypes with his character:

“To me, it’s a huge opportunity for representation. There are preconceived ideas and these barriers that have come along with a name like mine. [I’d be] typically portrayed as the ‘bad guy.’ I have a chance to knock all that down and show young guys and girls who look like me and have a name like mine, here’s a guy like you that chased his dreams and wasn’t worried about labels.”