PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Lawler Opens Up On Suffering Brain Damage Due To Stroke

Kemo
05-07-2018, 09:08 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Jerry Lawler had a rough go as of late and is now openly talking about it.

Lawler and fellow WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross have called some of the biggest and historic matches/segments in the history of the sports entertainment company. They were featured on the Raw brand for the majority of their time with the WWE. It’s safe to say that they are if not the best commentary team ever put together by WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

Just last month, Lawler revealed during an episode of ‘Dinner With The King’ that he suffered a stroke at his home on March 21 and was unable to speak for almost three days. Also, his face was also sagging on one side but then woke up on a Saturday morning and was 100% better and able to continue his normal routine.

He did commentary for some of the matches that were featured on the WrestleMania 34 pre-show. Thankfully, he recovered and is well now.

On the most recent episode of his podcast, Lawler gave some more details on the situation. Here is what he had to say:

“I had my first follow up with a neurologist, Dr. Weaver here in Memphis that came to see me while I was in Intensive Care and everything with my stroke. I had to get a cat scan today; but, the cool thing is he showed me a picture, brought me back and showed me a picture of my brain and this was not something I wanted to hear. He said, ‘Let me show you your brain & your brain damage.’ I said, ‘What?’ And he said, ‘Yeah, take a look.’

Lawler continued, “So anyway he shows me the scan of my brain and there was a spot on it, a dark spot, about the size of a quarter. He said, ‘When you were in the hospital that spot was solid white because it was solid blood. Now the blood has been absorbed and that is cells that have been damaged.’ I said, ‘So that amount of cells were damaged?’ He said, ‘Oh yeah, you’re just very fortunate…if that amount, that size, had been further down inside your brain, you could have lost the whole use of the whole left side of your body.’ I have no residual effects at all, I’m lucky.”