PDA

View Full Version : Rusev Reveals If He Would Leave WWE For Another Promotion

Kemo
05-30-2018, 06:16 PM
Rusev recently opened up about his life both in and outside of the WWE.

When speaking about Rusev, you have to bring up his wife due to her being such a big part of his life and career.

Lana signed with WWE in June of 2013 and was sent to their developmental branch NXT. Rusev, on the other hand, signed with WWE in September of 2010 and was assigned to WWE’s Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW) developmental territory in Tampa, Florida, where he adopted the ring name Alexander Rusev.

She debuted on the October 23, 2013 episode of NXT by scouting Alexander Rusev. The following month, WWE put her as Rusev’s manager on television.

They had a short run while in the developmental brand before being called up to the main roster and have been paired with each other on/off again several times since then.

Rusev was interviewed by TV+ while in Bulgaria last week and during the interview, he was asked about how he met Lana.

“I got to meet her since day one when I started in WWE. After that, Dusty Rhodes, god rest his soul, who was at working as a creative director at that time, put us together because of her speaking perfect russian. She used to live in Latvia for 12 years and she is very beautiful. That’s how we got to start working, training and spending a lot of time together. Things just happened naturally.”

Rusev’s next big match is at the upcoming Money in the Bank pay-per-view event where he is slated to compete in the Money in the Bank Ladder match. If he ends up winning this match then he that would allow him to cash it in for a WWE Title match.

Also in this interview, he was asked if there is another promotion he would join if he decided to every depart the WWE.

“I love the place I’m in right now and I don’t consider anything else .. except a Bulgarian movie career [laughs].”