PDA

View Full Version : The Big Show Says He Advised Kofi Kingston Not To Do The New Day

Kemo
06-01-2018, 12:16 AM
WWE Hall Of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin recently talked to The Big Show on an episode of his podcast, The Steve Austin Show, to talk about several professional wrestling topics. During their conversation, Show revealed that he actually advised former WWE Intercontinental Champion Kofi Kingston not to do the New Day gimmick with Big E and Xavier Woods.

He said he told Kingston he didn’t need to drag himself down with “a couple of NXT idiots right now.”:

“When Kofi told me he was doing that New Day gimmick, I pulled Kofi to the side about four feet from Xavier Woods and Big E and asked him, ‘what the hell are you doing?'” Big Show recalled, “because [Austin] know[s] how [he] would talk to me about business and Taker would talk to me about business.

“I’ve learned and I’ve passed that along to guys that I help. And I’m not polite about it. I’m blunt, direct, and to-the-point. When it comes to business, it’s serious. Do you know what I mean? So I pull Kofi about four feet to the side and [ask], ‘so what are you doing with these two numb nuts’ and he goes, ‘yeah, it’s a thing’ and I said, ‘damn, Kofi, you were Intercontinental Champion [and] you’re on your way to having a run with the big strap.

“You don’t need to drag yourself down with a couple of NXT idiots right now. You’re really probably going to hurt yourself. You’re pulling yourself out of that world title run. The Intercontinental Championship is a pretty big deal. You keep yourself in that loop and you’ll get a shot at the big one.’ He goes, ‘naw, I appreciate it, Show, but we’ve got a good thing going here.’ I said, ‘alright, man. I’m just telling you that running around with these two idiots isn’t going to help you get over.'”

A few weeks later, after seeing the three in action, Show admitted that his initial perceptions were wrong:

“I said, ‘forget every damn thing I said. What you guy’s’ve got is absolute friggin magic. I love it. Forget every damn thing I said.'” Big Show shared, “Woods loves that story. I call Woods my son now. I’ve adopted him as one of my wrestling sons, so he’s one of my sons now.”