PDA

View Full Version : Sean Waltman Replies To Eric Bischoff Saying That He Reneged His WCW Contract

Kemo
06-01-2018, 04:45 PM
Sean Waltman’s release from WCW in 1997 wasn’t free of controversy and it has once again become a topic of discussion after the then WCW President Eric Bischoff made some interesting comments about it recently.

Eric had talked about Waltman during the latest episode of his podcast, claiming that the former DX Member was let go for “reneging” on his agreement.

Now Sean has replied to these claims from Bischoff, and while talking about his time in the company on his own Podcast, X Pac said that at the time he was performing at a higher level than the money he was getting paid for.

Waltman claimed that he was getting paid $250,000/year while other guys on the same level as his were being paid twice as much.

Due to this he asked for a raise and according to the former WCW Star he couldn’t possibly have reneged his contract because it was already signed:

“So, I wanted a raise, not wrong for asking for it, you can be told ‘no’ so that’s all that was. You’ll hear Eric say I reneged, never not once. You can’t renege, the deal is already done, there’s no way I could have reneged. I just wanted a raise”

Later in the episode, Sean Waltman also talked about the termination letter he received from WCW and revealed that according to the document he was fired for ‘non-performance’.

You can check out his full podcast in the video below:

mzhw3h9itEI