PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk Testifies Today, Confirms What CM Stands For, Motivation For Podcast Comments

Kemo
06-02-2018, 10:10 PM
CM Punk took the stand today as part of his ongoing trial. Dr. Chris Amann is suing Punk for comments he made on his friend Colt Cabana’s podcast regarding the medical care he received while with WWE.

A reporter for the Chicago Tribue, Gregory Pratt, is live at the trial and noted some interesting testimony was given by Punk this morning.

Punk was asked if there is anything he would change about his comments on the podcast.

“CM Punk took stand mid-morn,” Pratt tweeted. “His attorney asked if there’s anything he’d change about podcast, he said he swore a lot on there and wouldn’t today. Acknowledged being bitter then and wrestling being his whole life. Lots of things on the podcast he just doesn’t care about anymore.”

Pratt also acknowledged that Punk confirmed “CM” stands for Chick Magnet.

“He confirmed “CM” stands for Chick Magnet,” Pratt continued. “Remembers first promo after hitting someone w roll of coins: ‘All’s I’m saying is, I’ve got a lot of cents.’ Amann atty won relevance objection”

“Punk explained his character saying it was heavy on straight edge — no drugs/alcohol subculture — and make no excuses for who you are. When a good guy, focuses on core good guy values, when bad guy, gets a little preachy, like call for cutting off beer sales if he wins match”

Cabana said Punk had shown him the lump on his back while wearing camo shorts he wore “every day,” which made just about everyone laugh. The attorneys then brought out the shorts. The lump, he said, was “disgusting,” discolored and raised.

— Gregory Pratt (@royalpratt) June 1, 2018

While recording the podcast, Colt said he never thought anything Punk said was a lie. Motivation for doing the podcast: “I thought it was a wild story and people deserved to hear it.”

— Gregory Pratt (@royalpratt) June 1, 2018

The Tribune also noted that lawyers from both sides debated the relevance of showing a video of CM Punk after having been put through a table. Evidently, the attorneys needed to explain to the judge who Kane was.

“There was a lawyer fight between Amann and Punk reps over video of CM Punk laying after going thru table,” Pratt Tweeted. “Amann counsel didn’t want video to show Kane chokeslamming Punk thru table. Judge:’ I don’t know who Kane is.’ Attorney: “The big man without a shirt.”