PDA

View Full Version : Mickie James Talks Progression Of Women’s Wrestling, Her Career

Kemo
06-04-2018, 07:01 PM
Former WWE Women’s Champion Mickie James was recently profiled by Fredericksburg.com.

In this article, James took the time to reflect on her career and how she got into the pro wrestling business. In this interview, James spoke about how she went from working as a truck stop waitress to being a veteran of the sports entertainment company.

“It’s incredible and it’s also very humbling. I try to remember who I am and what I come from, because I didn’t come from super means. I had to work and pray and try really hard to succeed and get everything that I wanted out of life. I’m still not satisfied.”

James is grateful for those female wrestlers who came before her and is hoping that she can be remembered in that same spotlight like that before decides to retire as an in-ring performer.

“I wanted to be one of the best in the business, whether it was male or female. I recognized it was looked upon differently, but at the same time I wanted that line to be blurred. To see how far female wrestling has come is just inspiring and incredible. I’m just grateful to be a part of it and throw a little Virginia sass on it.”

She made her WWE main roster debut in October 2005 and was placed in a storyline with Trish Stratus. This led to her receiving a big push and her first WWE Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 22 in 2006 from Stratus.

Her time in WWE was put on hold on April 22, 2010 after departing from the sports entertainment company, after which she returned to TNA. On October 13, 2016, it was announced that James would return to WWE’s developmental brand NXT at the NXT TakeOver: Toronto event where she would compete on a match against the NXT Women’s Champion Asuka for the title. James lost the match.

On the January 17, 2017 episode of SmackDown Live, James made her return by helping Alexa Bliss retain the SmackDown Women’s Championship against Becky Lynch in a steel cage match. In April of that same year, James made her debut on the Raw brand as part of the Superstar Shakeup.