PDA

View Full Version : Shawn Michaels Open To Wrestling Another Match

Kemo
06-05-2018, 07:23 PM
Shawn Michaels is no longer ruling out a potential return to the ring for one more match.

The WWE Hall of Famer recently spoke with Sky Sports to promote the upcoming WWE UK Tournament. During the interview, he was asked about possibly wrestling one more match.

He retired from pro wrestling following his match with The Undertaker at WrestleMania 26 in 2010.

Despite being against the possibility in previous years, Michael is now open to the idea but has some certain expectations in order for it to happen.

“It would have to be done the right way and just for one match rather than something that ran for longer. It could be possible but people would have to accept they wouldn’t be getting the Showstopper, Mr WrestleMania, and that I’m 52 years old now. I’ve been retired for eight years now and when it got to the five-year mark I thought people would start asking me but they just kind of stopped. I think it’s one of those that you would never say never about and if it was just for a one-off then it’s something that I would take a look at.”

Michaels was then asked about who he would like to wrestle if he did decide to work one more match. Although there are many talents of today he’d like to work with, his top two candidates would be Daniel Bryan or AJ Styles.

Michaels did note that it would be a one-off match and most likely a tag team match with Triple H if he decided to wrestle again.

“If it was the Shawn Michaels of 10 years ago I would love to have gotten in the ring with so many of the guys that are competing today,” he said. “AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan would be good, and then there’s the guys in NXT too. Someone like a Johnny Gargano would be fantastic.

“But for a one-off match now, I’d need it to be a tag-team match where Hunter (Triple H) and I can just do a few crotch chops and have some fun.”

The WWE Hall of Famer has had a storied career in the professional industry and will go down as one of the greatest wrestlers of all time.

He has held every big championship that WWE has to offer and had some classic matches as well as a feud with the biggest names in pro wrestling. Those names would include The Undertaker, Steve Austin, Triple H, and Ric Flair.