PDA

View Full Version : WWE Reportedly Interested In Eli Drake

Kemo
06-07-2018, 07:48 PM
Eli Drake’s future with IMPACT Wrestling remains unclear. So much so that Drake is currently not advertised for IMPACT’s Slammiversary pay-per-view in Toronto. Wrestling Observer Newsletter‘s Dave Meltzer reports that Drake’s deal expired this past weekend, but he still worked IMPACT Wrestling TV tapings to lose a match.

Both Drake and IMPACT continue to discuss a new deal but nothing has been signed as of this writing. As for a return to WWE, Meltzer confirms that there has been talk within the company about bringing Drake back.

Drake signed with WWE back in 2013 to a developmental deal but was released in August of 2014. He then went on to sign with IMPACT the following spring. In April, Drake did an interview with The Mirror, and discussed where he sees himself in the future:

“It really depends. I am looking at all my options. I am very grateful for the opportunities Impact have given me and putting me on the stage they have put me on. I also have grown my bank account enormously! I’m doing well on that front. So I’m very grateful for it,” Drake said.

“But at the same time, I am a businessman, I am going to look into any opportunities that are afforded to me and anybody who wants to talk and wants to throw numbers my way and anything like that, of course I am open to that. Will I stay with Impact? That’s a definite possibility. It could be a likelihood, I really don’t know. It really depends on what else is out there. But I am interested in any opportunity that comes my way, that’s for sure.”