PDA

View Full Version : Dana White Confirms When Brock Lesnar’s WWE Contract Expires

Kemo
06-11-2018, 07:41 PM
UFC President Dana White has confirmed when Brock Lesnar’s contract with the WWE expires.

Earlier this year, White teased that Lesnar could be making a comeback to the UFC. Since then, White has gone on record several times by stating that Lesnar would be making a return to the MMA promotion.

Moving along to Monday, White stated in an interview that Lesnar’s contract with the WWE is slated to expire at the end of this summer. He also claimed that both Lesnar and former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Jon Jones are interested in fighting each other.

“I know that Brock’s WWE deal is up at the end of the summer, I think,” White told TMZ. “I know he wants to fight so I’m sure we’ll end up getting that figured out.”

“That’s [Lesnar vs. Ngannou] a fun fight, absolutely,” White added. “Obviously there’s a lot of options. Jon Jones is very interested in Brock Lesnar and Brock Lesnar is very interested in Jon Jones.”

“I don’t know [when the hearing is], I’ll end up figuring that out in the next month. I don’t know how that’s gonna play out. That’s up to USADA. USADA’s going to decide that. Oh yeah, they both want it, it’s a fun fight.”

The current WWE Universal Champion retained his title against Roman Reigns in the main event of the biggest event of the year for the sports entertainment company, WrestleMania 34, in April.

Shortly after that match, it was revealed that Lesnar had signed a short-term contract with the WWE and then went on to defend his title against Reigns at the Greatest Royal Rumble pay-per-view event in a Steel Cage Match.

Lesnar has competed just once inside of the cage since 2011. He returned to the Octagon for a heavyweight bout against Mark Hunt at UFC 200 in 2016 where Lesnar won a unanimous decision that night which was subsequently overturned when it was revealed he failed two USADA issued drug tests before the bout.

In order for Lesnar to fight again, he must enter into the USADA testing pool, which would force him to be tested for six months before fighting again. The Universal Champion is expected to defend his title under the WWE banner at SummerSlam in August.