PDA

View Full Version : Enzo Amore Opens Up About Problems With WWE

Kemo
06-15-2018, 09:31 PM
Former WWE Cruiserweight Champion, Enzo Amore, recently appeared on the “Store Horsemen” podcast. The podcast features comedians from “the Comedy Store” in Los Angelas talking about pro-wrestling.

During the podcast, Amore noted that he got into a disagreement with WWE management shortly after his heel turn. According to Enzo, the company never officially told him he was turning heel.

“I was backstage, I wrote the most tremendous promo of my life, which would have saved me as a babyface if I would have gotten the microphone,” Amore said. “So I was in the midst of turning heel but they didn’t want to tell me that, per say, per say. For the first time they come to me and say ‘no, you can’t say anything. You have to read this verbatim.’ And I’m backstage losing my sh*t, and Hunter comes up to me and was like ‘you say what’s on that script if you wanna keep your job.’ And they didn’t tell me I was turning heel so I get it, but at the time and in the moment, I was like f*ck this man I’m quitting.”

As talk turned to the allegations which have been plaguing his career as of late, Enzo had this to say:

“You know how scarred I am, bro? I haven’t even talked to a woman in five-six months. I’m out here hitting the repeat list, dawg.”

It also appears Enzo did not get along well with the creative team in WWE. During the podcast, Enzo also spent some time explaining why he and the WWE writers often came into conflict.

“As a writer, you gotta understand why people were maybe were mad to work with me or say I was difficult to work with. If a writer has a job to work with you and you get to work on Monday I re-write the whole f*cking promo,” Enzo said. “So they would give me my bullet points and I would rewrite my whole promos you know what I’m saying, and sometimes I could and could not, for instance ‘zero dimes’ you remember that thing? Like, Vince didn’t get it. So I used in NXT a bunch when I got to the main roster, Vince was like ‘…what’s that mean?’ So he doesn’t get but we’re making money off merchandise with it.”