PDA

View Full Version : Dolph Ziggler Hosting Comedy Event SummerSlam Weekend

Kemo
07-03-2018, 09:58 PM
Two nights before SummerSlam emanates from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, NY, Dolph Ziggler will be throwing a comedy event. He’ll be joined by fellow WWE roster members, Zack Ryder and Renee Young as well.

The event will be held at Caroline’s Comedy, located near Times Square in New York.

Ziggler posted the following to promote the event.

?HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT?#Summerslam Week
DZ & FRIENDS @CarolinesonBway FRIDAY, AUGUST 17 MIDNIGHT! standup, skits & TONS of special guests! (+VIP meet & greet) pic.twitter.com/RyYgwX1Yz9

— Dolph Ziggler (@HEELZiggler) July 2, 2018

Renee Young, who trained in comedy at Toronto’s Second City Training Center, commented on the picture Ziggler chose for the poster:

Really this is the picture you chose? I’m positive i was prettier in the others. I demand a reshoot!!!!! Or a cat filter

— Renee Young (@ReneeYoungWWE) July 2, 2018

Ziggler will also be in Boston on August 15th, 2018 for a comedy show.

On Ziggler’s Twitter bio he describes himself as a stand-up comedian who wrestles to pay the bills. In 2015, WWE.com caught up with Ziggler to ask him about some of his comedic influences.

“There are a few that pop into my head,” Ziggler said. “My dad used to work a night shift when I was five years old, so I would get up when he went to work and watch Johnny Carson. I remember not knowing what was going on, but loving it. A couple of years later, I had a friend who had Cheech & Chong records. And my uncle who had shown me, Ric Flair, had SCTV episodes. I really enjoyed all that stuff. And even “SNL” reruns on Nick at Nite, which was “best of’s” from the first few seasons. And later on, movies like “Fletch”, “[National Lampoon’s] Vacation” and “Caddyshack.” Those are some of my favorite movies of all time.”

It had been reported earlier this year that Ziggler had re-signed with WWE. Ziggler refuted this claim in an interview with Fox Sports, however.

“I have a bunch of things going on and I don’t like taking days off and I don’t want to leave WWE but it’s great to have some options,” Ziggler said. “I’ve asked before to go away for a little while just so everyone can forget I lose 99 times out of 100 and it’s never really come through, so I might have to do it on my own and see what happens.”