PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Believes Managers Should Still Have A Presence In Pro Wrestling

Kemo
07-23-2018, 11:00 PM
They don’t make managers in professional wrestling anymore like they used to. Back in the day the pro wrestling world featured managers such as Bobby Heenan, Jimmy Hart, Paul Heyman, Jim Cornette and Paul Bearer.

Of course only one of those men, Paul Heyman, is still an active manager today. This was something WWE Hall Of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin discussed on the latest episode of his podcast, The Steve Austin Show, with MLW’s Court Bauer.

“The Texas Rattlesnake” noted that you don’t really see managers anymore in professional wrestling. Austin argued that they are the “salt and pepper” to a great Superstar:

“You just don’t see [managers] anymore,” said Austin. “To me, they were the salt and pepper on a great steak. Such colorful, flamboyant personalities, either that mouthpiece, or that dressing, or whatever it needs to be to enhance that talent further, or be the crutch, or be an addition to, and just make that person a superstar.

“The way I grew up watching wrestling when I was seven or eight years old, and going through the territories, and having my share of managers. Whether I liked them or not, or wanted them to be with me, I learned a lot from them. To me, they’re part of the landscape that is pro wrestling.”