PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey & Charlotte Flair Among Others To React To WWE Evolution Event

Kemo
07-24-2018, 06:57 PM
Ronda Rousey and former WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair were among several superstars to react to the big news that was made official on Monday night.

That announcement was WWE Evolution, which is an all-women’s exclusive pay-per-view event that will take place on Sunday, Oct. 28, at 7 p.m. ET from NYCB LIVE, home of the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum in New York.

The event will stream live on WWE Network and be available on pay-per-view featuring Women’s Championship Matches from Monday Night RAW, SmackDown Live, NXT and NXT UK, as well as the finals of the all-women’s tournament, Mae Young Classic 2018.

Rousey, Flair, RAW Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks, SmackDown Women’s Champion Carmella, Nia Jax, and Asuka, as well as WWE Hall of Famers and Legends Trish Stratus and Lita, are advertised to appear at this show.

Triple H, Stephanie McMahon and others have sounded off on the announcement, which you can see here:

“Because of all of you, men and women using your voices for change, we are able to provide the platform to show the world that women can do anything and be anything they want to be,” McMahon said on Raw. “Because of all of you, we are able to stand here and make another first-ever announcement. On October 28, over 50 women, then, now and forever, will participate in an event called Evolution, and that event — I am privileged to announce — will be the first-ever all-women’s pay-per-view.”

“Three years ago, our fans demanded a change with the hashtag, #GiveDivasAChance, and an evolution started,” said Paul “Triple H” Levesque, WWE Executive Vice President, Talent, Live Events & Creative. “Since that time, our female Superstars have overdelivered in every opportunity presented to them, and I expect nothing different during our first-ever all-women’s pay-per-view event.”

It has been such an honor to be a part of this women’s division for the last few months. These women have all taught me so much and I couldn’t be prouder to call myself a @WWE Superstar. I’m ready for #Evolution.

— Ronda Rousey (@RondaRousey) July 24, 2018

Wow!!! I have chills!!! What an amazing time to be a woman!!! ?? -Brie #WellDeserved #WomensWrestling #Evolution https://t.co/ZeW0EwO0c9

— Nikki & Brie (@BellaTwins) July 24, 2018

Girl Power. #Evolution

— Rusev (@RusevBUL) July 24, 2018

I’ve stood in that ring @StephMcMahon talked about. I felt the bond @TripleH spoke about. I’m ready to make history with the strongest women I know.
Let’s do this, ladies. #Evolution

— Charlotte Flair (@MsCharlotteWWE) July 24, 2018

Congratulations to each and every woman on the @wwe roster. You’ve fought hard and made it possible for you and so many others. Very excited about this #EVOLUTION #womensdivision #WomensWrestling 2 thumbs of from this fan!! ??

— Dustin Rhodes (@Goldust) July 24, 2018

I remember what they all said.
“You’ll never make it.”
“Just stay to the side.”
“You’re just the girl.”
Well this girl is the #SDLive Women’s Champion and will be at THE FIRST EVER ALL WOMENS PPV! #Evolution

— Smackdown Womens Champion (@CarmellaWWE) July 24, 2018

It breaks my heart that I’m not standing on that stage with the other superstars….but @StephMcMahon’s announcement is truly incredible. I’m so proud to be apart of this division as it makes history again and again! #Evolution

— Ruby Riott (@RubyRiottWWE) July 24, 2018

It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement of the announcement. But I won’t forget what it took to get us here. And I’ll never stop working until this feeling is the reality for every woman. #Evolution

— Lina Fanene (@NiaJaxWWE) July 24, 2018

So excited for the ALL WOMENS PPV!!!!! Historical and guaranteed we will make it magical! So proud of how far we have come! ?????? @wwe #EVOLUTION pic.twitter.com/sd2UBJjXdb

— Nattie (@NatbyNature) July 24, 2018

It’s not just ALL of us that make this happen, it’s the women who paved the way before, & grinding away to get here! THIS PROVES WOMEN CAN DO EVERYTHING! #evolution @wwe @StephMcMahon @VinceMcMahon pic.twitter.com/amtVXgiDqT

— Dana Brooke WWE (@DanaBrookeWWE) July 24, 2018

A huge milestone in the #evolution of women’s wrestling.Every bit of hard work and dedication has been worth it.We’ve come so far and I’m so proud of everyone that’s contributed to getting us here. Now to main event it with a new straight fire champion would be something special.

— Rebecca Quin (@BeckyLynchWWE) July 24, 2018

It’s that feeling where you can’t stop smiling. Incredibly honored and ready to represent the hearts of all little girls worldwide who’ve always wanted to follow their dreams. #Evolution

— Bayley (@itsBayleyWWE) July 24, 2018

I called myself ‘The Boss’ because no one believed I would be. If they didn’t want me in their club, I’d just make my own. We did it. #Evolution

— $asha Banks (@SashaBanksWWE) July 24, 2018

For nearly 2 years, I’ve had the opportunity to be a part of and represent the Women’s divisions of #Raw and #SDLive. #Evolution is not just a victory for us. It’s a victory for women in EVERY sport. ??

— Alexa Bliss (@AlexaBliss_WWE) July 24, 2018

Just like Brie said, truly an incredible time to be a woman at @WWE! Thank you @VinceMcMahon @StephMcMahon & @TripleH for the amazing opportunity! And thank you to all the @WWE Female Superstars that continue to help us break barriers! Truly women empowering women! N #EVOLUTION

— Nikki & Brie (@BellaTwins) July 24, 2018

Just landing from my first flight and what an amazing announcement made! Women in the WWE are making history everyday and this is the biggest. Thankful to be apart of creating it and continuing to be apart of something magical. Congrats ladies ?? #Evolution @WWE

— PAIGE (@RealPaigeWWE) July 24, 2018

Congrats to all the @WWE Women! You have always been superstars, now the world will be watching! #Evolution pic.twitter.com/Ge4Cae4ti7

— Booker T. Huffman (@BookerT5x) July 24, 2018