PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Wasn’t Surprised By Hulk Hogan’s WWE Reinstatement

Kemo
07-25-2018, 09:35 PM
WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross recently spoke about Hulk Hogan returning to WWE on a recent episode of his Jim Ross Report podcast.

Hogan was backstage at Extreme Rules earlier this month to offer an apology to the entire WWE roster regarding the racist comments that led to his suspension 3 years ago. Jim Ross said that he’s not sure what Hogan’s punishment should be, but he’s happy that Hulk Hogan is back in the fold.

“It’s not a surprise,” Ross argued. “Hey look, what Hogan did is just so sad, and unnecessary, and what a major mistake,” Ross said. “I think he knows that. Now, somewhere down this journey of healing, if we find out that Hogan [has] got a different agenda, well, shame on him. I don’t believe that to be true. But I believe I’m willing to stand back and let this whole process play out and see how it works at the end of the day.

“I don’t know how long we’re supposed to punish somebody for doing something so stupid. It was stupidity and ignorance. How long do you get penalized for stupidity and ignorance? It’s different now than doing bodily harm to somebody. Hey, I watch enough [Law & Order: SVU] with Mariska Hargitay to understand that. So we hope that Hogan has a nice reentry. But congratulations. I’m glad he’s back.

“Now make me proud that you’re back and do great things. He has an amazing opportunity with his influence and name identity, does Hogan, to leave lasting positive impressions on everybody, no matter their ethnicity.”

As for what kind of role Hogan could have for WWE going forward, he said he believes it will be more of a PR role and doesn’t expect the former WWE Champion to be wrestling:

“Without sounding like an asshole, [Hogan]’ll probably have a [WWE] Hall Of Fame role.” Ross explained, “PR, he [has] got a lot of ground to cover. He [has] got some fences to mend, some bridges to repair, but that could be done. I don’t see him wrestling again. He’s 65 years old. Now, I’m not knocking the guy. It’s not. ‘J.R., look at you!’

“I’m not Hulk Hogan. I never even played him on television. Could Hogan have a one-off somewhere? Of course he could! ‘Well, where do you do that?’ Hell, you do that in New York City at WrestleMania. That’s what you do! But is that what you really need to do? He’s 100 [%]. He’s got a bad back.

“He’s a warhorse, man. He’s been battered and beat up. So I think it’ll be more of a PR role. I’m glad that he’s back and it give him more motivation to make himself better, without a doubt.”