PDA

View Full Version : Cedric Alexander & Tye Dillinger’s Old Controversial Tweets Come Back To Haunt Them

Kemo
08-02-2018, 01:33 AM
It looks like some old Tweets from WWE Cruiserweight Champion Cedric Alexander and SmackDown Live star Tye Dillinger are coming back to haunt them.

Some fans dug up some old Tweets from the pair which are pretty insensitive to rape. Both Tweets are several years old, as Alexander’s was allegedly from 2012 while Dillinger’s is from 2011.

Here are the Tweets:

This

— litmantis (@litmantis) July 31, 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjdqdXKVAAA0EyJ.jpg

Tye Dillinger joins Cedric Alexander getting caught up by the twitter police… #SDLIVE

— Mark Out Mania | HK (@RealMarkOutHK) July 31, 2018

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DjeA9CPU0AAmn1_.jpg

Both men have since deleted the Tweets. Dillinger actually issued out an apology for them, while Alexander deleted all Tweets that he has ever made from his account:

Cedric Alexander deleted all of his tweet because of an apparent joke he made about rape or something, the Cruiserweight Champion curse strikes yet again.

— Mike Bottom (@2Sweet4Lyfe) July 31, 2018

I have no excuse for my old tweets. I was a different person six years ago, and I’m beyond ashamed at what I considered “humor” . I’m so damn embarrassed and I’m truly sorry to anyone I’ve offended.

— TEN! TEN! TEN! (@WWEDillinger) August 1, 2018

Alexander, a former Ring Of Honor star, signed with WWE back in 2016 after competing in the Cruiserweight Classic Tournament. After a small run on NXT, Alexander debuted on 205 Live. At WrestleMania 34 Alexander won the Cruiserweight Title when he defeated Mustafa Ali. Alexander defeated four men, including Ali, to capture the then-vacant title.

Dillinger’s initial run with WWE started back in 2006. He was sent to the company’s then-developmental territory of Ohio Valley Wrestling. When WWE decided to relaunch ECW, Dillinger was one of the Superstars called up from Florida Championship Wrestling for the project.

He was released after only a few months. Dillinger returned to the independent circuit for four years before once again getting the call from WWE. He joined NXT, where he remained for four years and was then finally called up to the main roster.

Dillinger made his SmackDown Live debut on April 4th of 2017. He has yet to win a title under the WWE’s banner.