PDA

View Full Version : Sasha Banks Explains How Her Opinion of Ronda Rousey Changed

Kemo
08-23-2018, 11:17 PM
When former UFC champion Ronda Rousey first arrived in WWE back in January at the Royal Rumble, there were more than a few women on the roster who weren’t exactly excited at the attention she received after a historic match just took place.

The first ever women’s Royal Rumble won by Asuka was suddenly dwarfed by Rousey’s arrival and superstars like Sasha Banks weren’t very happy about the way it all unfolded.

Now eight months later, Rousey is the new RAW women’s champion and it appears opinions about her have changed dramatically now that she’s been part of the locker room for most of 2018.

“When I first found out she was going to come, I was like we don’t need that,” Banks told Peter Rosenberg on “Open Late”. “I don’t need that taking away what we’re doing but she helps so much. She works so hard. She always wants to learn. She loves it and respects it and I appreciate that.

“She works really hard. You can see that in the ring.”

Rousey seems to have won over the entire women’s roster since her arrival and now just about everybody is anxious to share the ring with her at some point.

Banks hasn’t actually had any kind of opportunity to work with Rousey yet, but she believes when it does happen, they will put on a phenomenal match together.

“Any time, I’m ready for her,” Banks said about facing Rousey. “Especially like knowing her now, I’m more than happy to have a match with her. I think she’s awesome.

“I think we can make magic together. I [haven’t got] anything bad to say about her.”