PDA

View Full Version : Alexa Bliss Says She’s Preparing For Ronda Rousey Rematch

Kemo
08-26-2018, 01:03 AM
WWE Superstar Alexa Bliss was interviewed by the CT Post during her appearance at the Connecticut Open.

Bliss comes off a RAW Women’s Title loss to Ronda Rousey at SummerSlam over the weekend. She admitted that if anyone had to take the title off of her, at least it was Ronda Rousey. Not many get to say that they shared the ring with the female mixed martial arts pioneer:

“My thing on the whole situation is if there’s anyone that had to take the title from me at least it was Ronda Rousey,” Bliss said.

“Not many people can say they had their first big title loss to Ronda Rousey. I guess I’m OK.”

Bliss pointed out that she still has a rematch clause that she looks to invoke soon. She says she’s currently preparing for the rematch but doesn’t know quite yet when it will take place:

“But I do have a rematch clause that I get to invoke at any point,” said Bliss. “Every champion is entitled to a rematch. I am preparing for that. I don’t know when it’s going to happen. She’s going to hold the title for now, but she’s not going to hold it for long.”

Aside from a pending rematch with Rousey, Bliss has another high-profile match on the horizon. She has been announced to be facing Hall Of Famer Trish Stratus at WWE Evolution. The pay-per-view (PPV) is WWE’s first all-female show in history:

“It’s very exciting,” said Bliss. “I’ve always loved Trish, I always watched Trish growing up. I actually got to meet her for the first time at the Women’s World Rumble Match.

“I wasn’t able to be part of it because I was holding a title at the time. I’m really excited to be in the ring with her, to have this match with an idol.

“I really want to work with Trish. I’ve worked hard for this. It might be a little harder to get mad and mean at Trish.”