PDA

View Full Version : Steve Austin Comments On Becky Lynch’s Heel Turn At SummerSlam

Kemo
08-26-2018, 01:04 AM
WWE Hall Of Famer Stone Cold Steve Austin recently reviewed SummerSlam on his podcast, The Steve Austin Show.

One of the key moments from SummerSlam was Becky Lynch’s heel turn. Initially Lynch was to face Carmella for the SmackDown Live Women’s Title in a Singles match. However, upon Charlotte Flair’s return from surgery, she was inserted into the match.

Flair wound up winning the Triple Threat bout and the SDL Women’s Title. After the match, Lynch attacked her now-former friend after becoming fed up. Austin seemed amazed by the reaction Brooklyn had to the moment:

“All the women, damn good.” Austin said, “Carmella, probably the least experienced in the ring, for sure the least experienced, great character though.

“Anyway, they’re telling their story and all-of-a-sudden, the finish goes down, and then, at the end of the match… I want to talk about this, just the psychology and people’s reaction there in Brooklyn, New York, whatever you want to call it.

“Charlotte goes over. She’s happy, obviously. Becky and her are close friends. They hug, and then, just that big ass right hand, slap. And then, more devastation from Becky Lynch and she blows the roof off the place. She’s turning heel and gets a babyface reaction.”

In Austin’s estimation, he believes Charlotte Flair is a far better heel. He also prefers Lynch as a babyface. Austin questions whether or not fans will accept Lynch as a heel:

“I’m a fan of all the women in this match, but I love Charlotte as a heel.” Austin admitted, “Becky, she’s a better babyface than heel, but she’s that fiery individual that people just really love, so I’m wondering if they’ll take her as a heel.

“And I thought Charlotte was very effective in the sell job, kind of sitting there on her ass. I don’t know, awestruck, or dumbfounded, or just devastated of what happened to her. So I thought her selling on the backend of that was very strong and very effective.”