PDA

View Full Version : The Rock Lands His Dream Role

Kemo
08-30-2018, 11:14 PM
Warner Bros. and New Line Cinema have just announced that Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson will play King Kamehameha in The King.

It’s no secret that The Rock is apart of the Samoan Dynasty and to play a Hawaiian king is truly an honor and blessing.

"KA LA HIKI OLA. Dawning of a new day with hope and promise. Humbled & grateful to begin this once in a lifetime journey. KING KAMEHAMEHA – the legendary King was the first to unite the warring Hawaiian islands — fulfilling the prophecy that surrounded his fabled life since birth and creating the powerful & spiritual 50th state as we know it today. Academy Award winning director, Robert Zemeckis (FORREST GUMP) will direct. Academy Award nominated writer, Randall Wallace (BRAVEHEART) will write. From the day I began my Hollywood career (2001), my dream was to bring this legacy to life. In Polynesian culture we have a belief, that something isn’t done when it’s ready… it’s done when it’s right. The time is right. The one who walks alone. #Culture #History #Mana #TheKing #KAMEHAMEHA"

The film’s director is Robert Zemeckis and script by Randall Wallace. Zemeckis is famous for directing all three Back To The Future films. Wallace accolades pertain to his script for Braveheart. Filming will begin in 2020.