PDA

View Full Version : Tommaso Ciampa Does Not Want To Get “Called Up” To WWE Main Roster

Kemo
08-30-2018, 11:17 PM
NXT Champion, Tommaso Ciampa, is not interested in getting called up to the main roster. The man many consider the hottest heel in the industry at the moment says NXT is the pinnacle of pro-wrestling and he plans on spending the rest of his career proving this.

The champion also expressed he is more than simply a “Wrestler”, he is a “Sports Entertainer”.

I’m insulted when people refer to me as simply a “wrestler”. I am so much more. I am a sports entertainer.

I’m equally insulted when people ask me about being “called up”. NXT is the pinnacle of this industry. I will spend the remainder of my career here proving it. – The Champ

— BLACKHEART (@ProjectCiampa) August 29, 2018

Following the release of the PWI Top 500 this week, Ciampa also unveiled his own version of the rankings:

#PWI500 Top Ten:

1. Tommaso Ciampa

2. The Greatest Sports Entertainer of All Time

3. The Champ

4. The Main Event

5. Mr. Takeover

6. Psycho Killer

7. Tommy Sports Entertainment

8. BLACKHEART

9. (See # 1-8)

10. (Photo Below)
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dly8KinVsAA2AT3.jpg
— BLACKHEART (@ProjectCiampa) August 29, 2018

Ciampa has also released his own version of a star-based rating system for matches this year. He used the system to evaluate his own match with Aleister Black.

ALOT of people have been asking… so here it is…

I have a very, very sophisticated 5-Star grading system in place that I have been developing for years.

Tommaso Ciampa vs Aleister Black receives…

????????????????

That’s EIGHT Stars!!! pic.twitter.com/brbYkyXoKk

— BLACKHEART (@ProjectCiampa) July 27, 2018

Ciampa expressing his desire to stay in NXT comes on the heels of rumors surrounding a change to the brand in 2019. Speculation is Fox Sports is possibly interested in airing the show on national television. Such a TV deal could fully establish NXT as a 3rd brand rather than a developmental one.

Triple H expressed similar sentiment on an NXT media call recently.

“Once we get into the Fox deal, certainly as we begin to get closer to October next year, we’ll all be beginning to have conversations and we’ll see what those conversations bring up,” Triple H said. “We’ll see where it should be, how long it should be, all those things, but everything is on the table.”