PDA

View Full Version : Ron Simmons Gives Possible Reason For The Nation Of Domination’s Split

Kemo
09-01-2018, 12:27 AM
WWE Hall Of Famer Ron Simmons recently spoke to Wrestling Shoots to talk about several professional wrestling topics.

Simmons was asked about his run with The Nation Of Domination. The group consisted of members such as Simmons, The Rock, D’Lo Brown, Mark Henry and more. Of course, the gem of the group turned out to be The Rock.

Rock won several World Titles after embarking on his singles careers. Not only is he one of the biggest WWE Superstars of all time, but he’s now a major Hollywood movie star. Simmons tips his hat to Rock for the success:

“My hat off to him,” Simmons said. “I mean if that’s the way things go down, some get to go on and do other things — some don’t, but I’m glad I had a good part in helping him do what he had to do.

“When things weren’t going well for him in the beginning, when they couldn’t get him to where they wanted to get him, I’m glad that I had a good solid position for him to come in where I had a good profound effect on where he is and coming into professional wrestling and then going on to doing what he’s doing now.”

Then Simmons opened up about his reaction to the news that The Nation would be splitting up. Simmons said he was shocked it was ending so soon. He suggested some guys “flipping out” about contracts could’ve played a factor in the decision:

“I was shocked when it was ending so soon,” Simmons said. “It could have been some of the guys — you know we had some guys in the group that started going crazy, flipping out. Maybe it had something to do with them and their contracts or something. I was shocked when it did end.

“So I don’t know exactly what profound reason why and pinpoint why they did it but you know, I was just shocked when it did end.”

vf6W1PrZMEY