PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Owens On Who He Wants To Face At WrestleMania 35

Kemo
09-01-2018, 07:08 PM
Just prior to SummerSlam, WWE star Kevin Owens spoke to Chuck Carroll of CBS Local Sports to promote the pay-per-view.

During their conversation, “KO” was asked about potential opponents for WrestleMania 35 next year in New Jersey. Owens would like to share the ring with Finn Balor if the opportunity presents itself:

“There’s so many guys I wish I could wrestle, but if it was up to me, whatever I would do would lead to me and Finn Bálor at WrestleMania next year, because he and I came to WWE the exact same time,” Owens said.

“We didn’t know each other before we got there. We became pretty close pretty quickly when we did get to the NXT Performance Center. He’s been my best friend ever since, so I’d love to share the ring with him on that stage in WrestleMania.”

Owens noted that he and Balor have shared the ring before. At WWE’s Best In The East event in Japan back in 2015, Balor defeated Owens for the NXT Championship. It’s still one of his favorite matches:

“I love wrestling him and as far as I know he feels the same way,” Owens continued. “I think we put on really entertaining matches that are very good.

“We had a match in Japan a few years ago that I still think was one of my best ones in WWE. So, I think we mesh pretty well.”

Owens is currently in a very interesting storyline in WWE. He failed to capture the Intercontinental Championship from Seth Rollins on RAW this week. After the match, Owens declared that he “quit” WWE.

It remains unclear what will become of Owens in regards to the storyline.