PDA

View Full Version : Batista Was Turned Down Several Times For Star Wars Films

Kemo
09-01-2018, 07:13 PM
Former WWE Champion Dave Bautista recently did an interview with Flickering Myth to talk about his career in film.

Batista is a major star in Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy franchise. The franchise has seem a tremendous amount of success and he has been praised for his portrayal of “Drax The Destroyer.”

While Batista is highly successful from his work on Guardians Of The Galaxy, it turns out he had aspirations to be a part of another major movie franchise. Batista revealed that he tried out for a role in the Star Wars franchise several times but was repeatedly rejected:

“I’ve actually auditioned for a couple of Star Wars [movies] and they’ve turned me down. It was always a dream of mine to be in a Star Wars film.”

In hindsight, Batista might be happy he wasn’t involved in the new installments of Star Wars. They haven’t been received that well by hardcore fans, and “The Animal” hasn’t been a huge fan either:

“I can’t say I’m the biggest fan of the latest installments,” said the actor. “But I particularly loved Rogue One.

“I thought it was a really great film and I love that they went a little bit dark with it. I thought it was really interesting.”