PDA

View Full Version : Ricochet Talks On How Konnan Nearly Caused Heat Between Himself And Rey Mysterio

Kemo
09-01-2018, 07:23 PM
The new NXT North American Champion was a guest on E&C Pod Of Awesomeness. Ricochet addressed many topics during the interview, even on his first encounter with Rey Mysterio and how emotional he got after their bout on Lucha Underground.
Konnan Starting Heat

Ricochet recalls first meeting Rey Mysterio and how Konnan was there as well trying to make a wedge between the two high flyers.

“I remember the first time really meeting him, I walked into the room, and Konnan’s like, ‘oh, here he is! This is the guy saying he’s better than you.’ And I was like, ‘what are you doing? Like, why would you say that?’ Because I didn’t know Rey. I didn’t know how cool he was. I was like, ‘why would you say that? He probably hates me now?’ But that’s just Konnan.” Ricochet noted, “but Rey is the coolest guy in the whole world and I’m his biggest fan.”

While still a newcomer for the developmental territory, Ricochet mentioned that he intends to make NXT bigger than it is now.

“It’s my goal to, like… I don’t know how long I’m going to be here,” Ricochet continued, “like, if I’m here two or three years, that’s perfectly okay with me because I really honestly enjoy it here, so my goal is to make it as big as possible.”

Another goal of the famed high flyer is to get better on the mic. The Rock was one of Ricochet’s inspiration to get better at speaking as he mentioned that in The Rock’s debut back in’96 he wasn’t the famed charismatic speaker that he is today.

“I always say, ‘look at ’96, The Rock’s debut at the Survivor Series and I think he did a promo afterward, and it was, like, not good. And you look at him later on and he’s the best to do it ever,’ so, like, it’s all about, yeah, growth.”

You can listen to the interview in its entirety below:

mUhxXkG63HM