PDA

View Full Version : Batista Details Insane Restaurant Brawl From His Youth

Kemo
09-27-2018, 08:32 PM
Former WWE Champion Batista has enjoyed a nice career since departing WWE. “The Animal” began his professional wrestling career back in 2000 with WWE. After a few years in developmental, Batista was called up to the main roster. He started off as a henchman to WWE Hall Of Famer D-Von Dudley.

Batista would later break off into becoming one of WWE’s biggest stars. He was a member of the famed Evolution faction alongside Ric Flair, Triple H, and Randy Orton. Batista went on to win four World Heavyweight Championships and two WWE Titles. He’s also a three-time Tag Team Champion and a two-time Royal Rumble winner.

Following a successful career, Batista left WWE on a full-time basis in 2010. He began focusing on an acting career and returned in 2013 for a run that lasted several months. Batista has seen a lot of success on the big screen. He has landed roles in films such as “Riddick,” “Hotel Artemis,” and “Blade Runner.”

Batista has also become a staple in the Marvel film franchise “The Avengers.” This is due to his key role in the “Guardians Of The Galaxy” franchise. Before Batista saw immense success in the entertainment industry, he had a bit of a rough childhood.

He detailed his youth during an interview on the “Inside Of You” podcast. In fact, Batista shared a story about a crazy fight he got himself into in the late ’90s. Here’s how he described it:

“No, but I’ve had a few rough ones. I got into a fight with this kid, I didn’t want to—it happened so fast—it escalated so fast that I didn’t even know I was going to be in a fight. He hit me with this wet floor sign [laughs] that knocked me so silly. We got into this fight in a Fuddrucker’s [fast food restaurant].

“This guy was looking at my girlfriend, and I looked over at him. This was 199…5-6ish? Around there, but this kid’s looking at my girlfriend and I look over at him, and like ‘why is he being so disrespectful?’ and his friend says something to him [about how] I’m looking at him.

“And he goes ‘I don’t give a shit. I’ll punch him in his face three times before he hits me once.’ He was much smaller than me. And I was like, ‘what’d you say?’ and he walks up to me all aggressive and he said ‘you heard what the fuck I said’ so I just pushed him. He flies back and he goes ‘oh hell no! hell no!’ and he goes and picks up this wet floor sign, and I didn’t think he was going to do it, he whacks me on the head with it.

“Not only did I stumble, but he tackles me and we go flying back into the salad bar—I swear to God—we break the salad bar. We start fighting and I beat this kid’s ass, we end up outside and I’m choking him, and he finally goes ‘alright, alright, alright!’ So I let him go, and I’m just a disaster, my girlfriend’s crying, I’m going ‘what the hell’s going on?’ The restaurant is a disaster and I’m like ‘let’s just go.’

“Later the police came and arrested me. Apparently because I pushed him, I started it. They ended up dropping all of the charges, but they did arrest me for it, also because we left, we left the scene of a crime.”