PDA

View Full Version : Drew McIntyre ‘Wanted’ To Go Through NXT

Kemo
09-29-2018, 04:10 AM
WWE Superstar Drew McIntyre has had a successful return to the main roster of RAW. McIntyre lost his NXT Championship at NXT Takeover: War Games in 2017. During the bout against Andrade ‘Cien’ Almas McIntyre suffered a bicep injury which kept him out of action for a lengthy period of time.

The Scottish Superstar recently spoke to Sky Sports on his return and why he ‘chose’ to go through NXT. McIntyre had a successful mid card run in his first stint including an Intercontinental Championship reign.

McIntyre stated “I didn’t see any other avenue than going to NXT first, I was doing a lot of work for different companies outside of WWE. My (contracts) would lapse and I was trying to decide what the next move should be.” This of course includes stints for ICW and IMPACT/TNA wrestling.

Drew then moved on to discussing a potential move to Japan and susequent discussion with WWE COO Triple H; “My wife and I were talking about the possibilities of Japan and being a free agent. During this period I had a conversation with Triple H and I let him know my feelings – I said ‘If I come back I feel like I should go to NXT first. He agreed to introduce the audience to who I am now rather than who I was prior as it is a similar audience, a very educated audience.“