PDA

View Full Version : Kofi Kingston Explains What He Learned From CM Punk

Kemo
09-30-2018, 04:46 AM
Kofi Kingston has etched himself into the WWE record books. The New Day member broke WWE’s record for most days as a Tag Team Champion in history recently. He passed up Billy Gunn after racking up over 954 days reigning as a Tag Team Champion.

This is including all of Kingston’s combined days as ever holding Tag Team Titles. Over the years, Kingston has had partners such as The New Day, R-Truth, Evan Bourne, and CM Punk. Kingston spoke to ESPN recently to get his reaction to his record-breaking accomplishment.

“Never in my wildest dreams did I set the goal to be the longest-reigning tag-team champion,” Kingston said. “I’m lucky and blessed to have so many tag-team championships.”

More specifically, Kingston was asked about his days teaming with CM Punk. Punk is on the outs with WWE since walking out on the company back in 2014. He has since embarked on several new career paths, such as MMA, acting, and comic book writing.

In regards to what he was able to learn from Punk, Kingston said the former WWE Champion was a good example of how to be a star:

“I learned so much from him,” Kingston said. “Learned so much about what it takes to be a star.”