PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Bryan Defends Wife Brie Bella After Backlash Over Liv Morgan Injury

Kemo
10-02-2018, 11:19 PM
Daniel Bryan is standing by his wife’s side and pointing out that accidents happen in professional wrestling matches all the time.

Over the past two weeks, Bryan’s spouse Brie Bella has been receiving a relentless amount of criticism after she accidentally kicked Liv Morgan in the head twice in a row, nearly knocking her unconscious and ultimately causing her to have a concussion.

Immediately after the incident happened, Bella posted an apology on Twitter while sending Morgan her well wishes after the accidental kicked nearly knocked her out.

More recently, Bella has taken to Instagram where she wrote a lengthy post about cyberbullying, undoubtedly aimed at the amount of criticism she’s faced since the incident with Morgan in the ring a couple of weeks ago.

Now Bryan is going on the offensive to defend his wife and also point out that accidents happen in the ring constantly — and even he’s been the perpetrator in the past.

“I am proud of how strong my wife is. After accidentally injuring Liv Morgan last week, the first time Bri’s ever hurt another performer, she’s been subject to a constant barrage of social media attacks. Almost every wrestler has accidentally hurt someone but rarely do you see this kind of hate when it happens. For example, I concussed Randy Orton in 2012 after hitting him with what was supposed to be a chair to the back. Unfortunately part of the side hit him in the back of the head, and he was forced to miss a PPV. In 2009 in our last match against each other, I concussed Nigel McGuinness after doing a dive into him in the crowd, where his head hit the floor. And there are others.

“As for the Yes kicks, two weeks ago I accidentally kicked Andrade directly in the head due to a miscommunication on my part. I feel fortunate that he was ok, because there are few feelings worse than hurting someone. Despite all of that, never did I receive the backlash Bri did this week. With all the negative things said about my wife, nobody was harder on her than she was on herself. Thank you to the many people who reached out to support her, both publicly and privately. We all wish Liv Morgan a speedy recovery.”

Bryan ended his post with the hash tag ‘cyberbullying’, referencing back to his wife’s post on the subject on Instagram.

WWE had previously confirmed that Morgan suffered a concussion from the incident but outside of that, there’s been no other statement about Bella’s in ring performance.

By all accounts, she will still be a very active member of the roster with a high profile match coming up this weekend at ‘WWE Super Show-Down’ when she teams with her sister Nikki and former UFC champion Ronda Rousey is a six-person tag match against the Riott Squad — with Liv Morgan still currently scheduled to perform as well.