PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Hardy Discusses Planning Behind Randy Orton Twisting Ear With Screwdriver

Kemo
10-28-2018, 06:11 PM
Jeff Hardy and Randy Orton’s feud on SmackDown Live produced one of the hardest to watch segments in recent WWE memory. During an episode of SmackDown Live several weeks ago, Orton attacked Hardy before putting his finger in his ear piercing, and pulling on it. Many in the crowd were cringing and had their jaws dropped. The same could be said for those watching at home.

During their match at Hell In A Cell, WWE took things a step further. Orton took a screwdriver, inserted it into the piercing, and again mangled Hardy’s ear. Hardy spoke to “The 11th Hour” recently to discuss the spots. He detailed the planning and conversation that went into it:

“We did the first earlobe deal, you know, with just the fingers and … actually one of the up and coming commentators – I think he’s from 205 Live – he had mentioned it as far as I said, ‘You can twist it too!’, but then he was like, ‘What if you use a screwdriver?’

“And then we kind of threw around ideas, and we both compromised on that certain screwdriver– to put it in, twist it, make it real tight and not rip it off! [Laughs] Yeah, watching that back with Randy’s face was … This is like, wow, they’re doing a good horror movie or something!

“And the fans knew it was coming, you know, because when they saw him trap my arms, they’d seen it before– and they knew it was coming again. So it was great. Overall, that match, I’m extremely proud of it.”

lS2sxYi676M