PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey Talks WWE Progression, Advice She Would Give Her Younger Self

Kemo
10-31-2018, 06:58 PM
Ronda Rousey spoke to People Magazine about the importance of Sunday’s (October 28, 2018) WWE Evolution pay-per-view event in Long Island, New York at the Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum on the WWE Network. The WWE RAW Women’s Champion successfully retained her title against Nikki Bella in the main event.

During this interview, she spoke about her WWE progression and Evolution as she stated that this move from MMA is different as she’s able to enjoy the process of it instead of enjoying her MMA career in hindsight.

“It’s new for me from being an Olympian and a fighter from having this tunnel focus and not being able to think about anything else. I would feel myself becoming a smaller and smaller fraction of my personality as the event came closer because as a survival trait you have to. I don’t really feel like I’m in fight or flight mode all the time. I’m ready to fight but I’m happy at all time and relaxed at all times. It’s pretty different for me to be able to relax and be in a high pressure situation at the same time.”

The former UFC Women’s Bantamweight Champion also was asked about advice that she would give her younger self, which she said that she would want herself to know that she’s beautiful and everything is going to be okay as long as she continues to work hard.

“I don’t think I’d want to tell her that all of her dreams are going to come true because I think the risk of failure is what makes me work so hard.”