PDA

View Full Version : Ronda Rousey Tops PWI Top 100 Female Wrestlers List

Kemo
11-04-2018, 03:07 AM
Pro Wrestling Illustrated released their top-100 list of women wrestlers recently. As per usual, the list is filled with controversy. The #1 ranked female wrestler in the world according to PWI in 2018 was Ronda Rousey. Despite only ever having wrestled in 25 matches, the magazine ranked Ronda Rousey as better than any other female in the world.

“That’s absolutely incredible,” Rousey said on the phone to PWI. “I don’t really know how to react to that. I mean, I really appreciate it.”

Ronda would admit she’s not certain her 6 months in the business is enough to have earned the honor, “I don’t know how much I deserve it, but, wow. Thank you.”

PWI said that while she hasn’t wrestled much and has only been an active wrestler for 6 months, the impact she has had in that time is significant enough to earn her the #1 spot.

Rousey continued to tell PWI about how happy she is in her WWE career.

“Honestly, coming into this I expected all the fans and everyone in the locker room to hate my guts from day one,” Rousey said. “I really did. I was really blindsided by how accepting and amazing everyone has been and how amazing the WWE Universe has been, how amazing everybody in the back has been. I’m really not here for a quick paycheck or some extra fame or anything like that, honestly. I just really love this and I really want to contribute as much as I can, I don’t want to take credit for the Women’s Evolution.”

Top-10:

Ronda Rousey
Alexa Bliss
Charlotte Flair
Io Shirai
Asuka
Shayna Baszler
Carmella
Nia Jax
Mayu Iwatani
Kairi Sane

The heavily WWE-influenced top-10 will likely cause much debate. The only non-WWE wrestler in the top-10 is Mayu Iwatani from Stardom. The Knockouts division in Impact Wrestling and the Women of Honor division seem to be completely ignored at the top of this list, surprising considering the historical role Impact’s women’s division has had over the years.