PDA

View Full Version : Daniel Cormier Has Words For Brock Lesnar Post-Fight At UFC 230

Kemo
11-04-2018, 07:41 PM
Not content with solidifying his position at the top of the UFC’s Heavyweight division, defending his Heavyweight title, and climbing up to 15-0 (as a Heavyweight fighter), Daniel Cormier took to the mic after his successful victory at UFC 230 to address a potential future contender — one that he has had an in-Octagon confrontation with in the past: Brock Lesnar.

“I think a lot of people have to understand that I’ve been doing this for 9 years, and I’ve fought at the championship level for 8 of them,” Cormier explained. “So, there’s no surprises with me.”

Cormier continued, “I come in here [into the Octagon] and try to do my thing. If you have a puncher’s chance, like I’ve said, that’s not enough. You have to be one of the best in the world to even compete.”

Joe Rogan took this as an opportunity to ask a question that has been a hot topic debate between pro wrestling and fight fans since UFC 226.

“Which brings me to the next challenge, which is most likely going to be Brock Lesnar,” Joe said. “What are your thoughts on that?”

Taking a deep breath, a smile on his face, D.C. responded with gusto, throwing out an invitation and a warning to the current WWE Universal Champion:

“Brock Lesnar, when you come, bring that brand new WWE [Universal] title, too — I feel like being a WWE champion, too. Let’s go! Let’s go, Brock! Bring that belt with you if you come to my house.”

From “The Black Beast” to “The Beast Incarnate,” Daniel Cormier is on track to trying to top Stipe Miocic’s reign as the most fighting Heavyweight champion in the UFC.