PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle Comments On Loss At Crown Jewel

Kemo
11-04-2018, 07:46 PM
Kurt Angle wrestled his first WWE single’s match in 12 years at Crown Jewel. It was his first single’s match for any promotion since March 2017. Angle lost a 1st round match to Dolph Ziggler in the WWE World Cup at Crown Jewel.

The WWE Hall-of-Famer posted the following after the loss:

"It felt great getting into the ring for my first singles match in WWE in 12 years. I’m disappointed I lost, but Dolph Ziggler is a very, very tough and talented competitor. #worldcup #wwe #itstrue"

The last time Kurt Angle wrestled a single’s match in WWE was 12 years ago. At the time, he was on the re-vamped ECW brand. Angle’s final single’s match during his initial run with the company was over Danny Doring on an ECW house show in 2006.

All of Angle’s WWE matches since returning last year were either multi-person matches (such as the Greatest Royal Rumble) or tag-team matches. He teamed with Ronda Rousey at WrestleMania this year and was a fill-in member of the Shield at TLC 2017. Angle was also the victorious Team Raw in last year’s Raw vs Smackdown traditional Survivor Series match.

Dolph Ziggler would defeat Seth Rollins in the semi-finals of the tournament and advanced to the finals. Things got weird in the final match of the tournament, however, when Shane McMahon replaced the Miz. McMahon won the match and was subsequently declared the Best in the World.