PDA

View Full Version : NXT San Jose Live Event Next Week Changed To TV Taping

Kemo
11-06-2018, 05:12 PM
An NXT house show scheduled for next week in San Jose has been changed to a TV taping. The abrupt change with only 10 days before the show is an interesting development considering the taping will take place just two days before Takeover: Wargames on November 17th.

NXT announced the change earlier today through their social media channels:

The stakes for the November 15th live event just got raised. #NXTSanJose has just been confirmed as a TV Taping. Tickets are still available NOW!

— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) November 5, 2018

A few matches have been confirmed for Takeover: WarGames so far on NXT programming.

NXT World Championship
Tommaso Ciampa (c) vs Velveteen Dream
WarGames Match
The Undisputed Era (Roderick Strong, Kyle O’Reilly, Bobby Fish, and Adam Cole) vs War Raiders, Ricochet, and Pete Dunne
Aleister Black vs Johnny Gargano

Triple H spoke with ESPN earlier this year and mentioned he’s on the fence regarding NXT going longer than 1-hour.

“There are times when I look at NXT and part of me loves the hour format because everybody’s got busy lives,” Triple H said. “By the time you get to Wednesday … if you’re a huge fan, by the time you get to Wednesday, you’ve watched five hours of WWE, and then you’re watching NXT. And that’s if you didn’t watch ‘205 Live.’ There’s a lot out there. The great thing is they’re all slightly different, so there’s a little bit of something for everybody. I run into things, for me, when we’re scripting out weekly episodes of NXT, [where] it’s like, ‘Oh, man, I’d really like to debut this person, or do this thing with this new character, or help get a persona going or something [else], and I don’t have the room to do it. There’s a fine line between that and leaving them wanting more, so it’s a balance.”