PDA

View Full Version : Mick Foley Talks Challenges Of Being WWE RAW General Manager

Kemo
11-23-2018, 02:12 AM
Mick Foley recently appeared on the Not Sam Wrestling podcast to talk about a wide range of topics including his run as the General Manager of WWE’s flagship show, Monday Night RAW.

Foley was introduced as the new General Manager of Monday Night RAW after the WWE’s brand split. After several months, however, Foley was then written off of WWE TV in order to undergo a major hip surgery that he needed. In his absence, WWE brought back former WWE Champion Kurt Angle to serve as his replacement.

Foley talked about how being “fired” by Stephanie McMahon after a heated promo was the perfect ending. He stated that he needed some weeks off and they got Angle. “I was no longer needed in that spot. I had a great eight months, and the only thing you can ask for is a good send off.” He added that the firing was glorious and it was one of the best moments that he had in the past 10 years in the business. He stated that he hadn’t had that post pay-per-view rush in a long time and it was all that he could ask for.

The WWE Hall of Famer did admit that it was a tough job and unparalleled negativity from the fan base on social media because they thought the company thought “a 53-year-old with a fanny pack to run a billion-dollar corporation.” Foley added that the comments were mostly negative and that although he had some say in certain situations, there would be times where he couldn’t convince Vince McMahon to change his mind about creative or the words in his promos.

“If I had left six or seven lasting impressions in the eight-month span then that is a pretty good track record.”