PDA

View Full Version : Mia Yim Talks Signing With WWE, NXT Goals, Mae Young Classic Experience

Kemo
11-30-2018, 08:27 PM
WWE NXT star Mia Yim recently did an interview with Byron Saxton of WWE.com to talk about various topics. During the interview, she was asked how she’s settling into her role as an official member of the NXT roster. She stated that it’s a dream job but it doesn’t feel like a job and wakes up every morning thankful for her life and being able to train at the WWE Performance Center. She brought up how she has a bunch of friends in WWE both ones she made since signing and those who she has known from the indy scene.

When asked about the opportunity to compete in the Mae Young Classic came about, she brought up how she was invited and was able to wrestle two friends from the indies, Sarah Logan and Shayna Baszler.

“It was kind of a full-circle moment because I wrestled both of them when they first started and then we got to showcase our skills on the big stage. I caught up with Nattie, Charlotte and Maria Kanellis, who continue to give me motivation and advice. I got overall good feedback from the coaches and agents. I received another invite to the second Mae Young Classic, but I was nervous because it would be my first big showing since my injury. After the numerous tryouts, extra work and the last Classic, I was determined to land a full-time spot on the NXT roster.”

She continued, “I was lucky to be among all the great talented women in both Mae Young Classics, and even luckier to have the support of my fans at Full Sail and all over the world. They made sure to be heard and they made my dream come true.”

Finally, she talked about her goals in WWE NXT. This is where she stated that her goal in NXT is to become the next NXT Women’s Champion and to become a champion on either Raw or SmackDown Live. She added that she wants to have a moment at WrestleMania.