PDA

View Full Version : Pete Dunne Discusses Not Being Overexposed, First-Ever NXT UK TakeOver Event

Kemo
12-04-2018, 02:26 AM
WWE NXT UK Champion Pete Dunne recently spoke with Metro Sport to talk about a wide range of topics including not feeling over-exposed as NXT UK Champion since winning the title from inaugural champion Tyler Bate.

“It’s been crucial and I believe that’s the future. On the main roster it’s more difficult to avoid that exposure, but outside of that with the growth of NXT brands all over the world, I think that’s the key.” Dunne continued by stating that if he can continue to travel the world and keep this going for a few more years without feeling that massive amount of exposure, it only builds a stronger fanbase and then finally getting ready to get on the main roster it’s a more exciting prospect.

NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool goes down on Saturday, January 12 at the Empress Ballroom and will air on their streaming service, the WWE Network.

This marks the first-ever Takeover special for the NXT UK brand and something that Dunne thinks is really special as the and Bate made their names initially under this banner.

“Our lives changed overnight and over the past few years I haven’t had a single second to reflect on that because it’s been one thing to the next. For the brand it’s brilliant, and it’s the perfect venue. The audience there are really lively and most importantly it’s live. That makes such a huge difference. Doing episodic TV, you get a lot of exposure, but TakeOver is a completely different animal.”