PDA

View Full Version : Becky Lynch: Lack Of Confidence Was Holding Me Back

Kemo
12-04-2018, 02:29 AM
Becky Lynch is arguably the hottest star in the world of pro-wrestling right now. In a recent interview with NBC News, she says what had always been holding her back was confidence.

“I think the greatest obstacle in my career has always been myself, been confidence,” Lynch said. “If you don’t believe in yourself, nobody else will.”

She also spoke about her 7-year absence from wrestling after having trained and competed as a teenager.

“In 2006, I was trying to make it to WWE but my head wasn’t focussed on the right thing,” she continued. “I ended up getting hurt in a match in Germany. It was my own fault. My mom really wanted me to leave wrestling because I didn’t have a plan, I didn’t have any money, and I didn’t know what to do with my life.”

Between 2006 and 2013, Becky wrestled less than a handful of times. She studied acting, worked as a stewardess, and did various other jobs.

“There was 7 years when I was away from wrestling,” she continued before saying she ultimately felt pulled back into it. “Nothing ever felt like it pulled me like wrestling did. I felt like I was meant to be in WWE, I just didn’t’ know how.”

Lynch decided to give wrestling a second shot in 2013 when she was 27. This time things went much easier for her. A wrestling school she attended briefly was able to get her a WWE tryout fairly quickly and she was signed not long after. She spent two years in developmental before making the main roster in 2015.